Thursday, September 07, 2006

A clear picture of life

The other day, I was fussing with my indoor antenna in an attempt to get a clear picture on my TV. I have since signed up for DTV. But while I was trying to get a picture, the Holy Spirit took the opportunity to teach me something about my heart & my eyes. He showed me that in order for me to see through my eyes clearly, my heart has to be in direct alignment with God.


There were some scriptures He brought to my rememberance. One was that from the heart comes forth the issues of life. (Proverbs 4:23) Another was that the heart of man is prepared by God. (Proverbs 16:1) Another was that man judges by the outward appearance rather than by the spirit. (1 Samuel 16:7, Judges 3:10, Isaiah 11:3, Micah 3:8)


He showed me that if my heart is in direct alignment with God, then I would know God's heart in matters. I would see through His eyes. I would have an accurate & clear picture of the situation. Whereas, if I relied on my own understanding of the situations before me, then I would be prone to error which usually leads to suspicion, misunderstanding, assumption, and misperception. Only God can tell us what is really going on. He knows the heart of men - we don't even know our own hearts. He has to show us what is inside our hearts. Our heart is the seat of our emotions (thoughts & feelings) - it is in the realm of our soul. Our soul must come into submission to God's will. Only then can we truly be surrendered & obey Him whole-heartedly.

No comments: