Sunday, December 05, 2004

Back when a screw was a screw...

I don't know how many of you all are Tim McGraw fans or if you listen to Country music at all, but I enjoy listening to Country and I recently heard a song that had me a little befuddled. I looked up the lyrics so I could share them here - you can find the lyrics here - but here I was lounging around the house when I hear:
Back when a hoe was a hoe
Coke was a coke
And crack's what you were doing
When you were cracking jokes
Back when a screw was a screw
The wind was all that blew
And when you said I'm down with that
Well it meant you had the flu
I miss back when
I miss back when
I miss back when
My eyebrows crinkled and I walked over by the stereo to make sure I heard right what I was hearing. "Back when a screw was a screw, the wind was all that blew". When I heard, "I miss back when, I miss back when..." then it dawned on me that he's talking about slang terms that American kids use now-a-days.

But dagnabbit - I can't get that chorus out of my head.

No comments: