Sunday, December 26, 2004

A prayer

Father God,

You are the revealer. You are light.

Right now, Father, I just lift up to You the men and women in the United States military who are overseas fighting in the war on terror. I also lift up the men and women who are here in the homeland defending this nation's borders. You reveal and you are light. Light up your vessels, Lord. The men and women whose hearts belong to You, light them with your light. Give them insight. Give them wisdom. Reveal that which is done in darkness; that which is done in secret. Reveal. Reveal with Your light. Reveal it to Your people. Father, in past wars you have revealed the plans of the enemy to Your people, thus giving them victory over the enemy. Confuse and confound the enemy, Lord. That land is thrown into a darkness. There are principalities fighting for power. Confound them, Lord, and cause them not to prosper. Break through with Your light. Give strength to Your people. Draw Your people to You in prayer. The men and women whose hearts are Yours, draw them to Your heart. Cause them to remember to pray, intercede, and make supplications in all things. Cause them to wait upon You so that their strength will be renewed. For you said that those that wait upon You shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not be faint. Bring to their rememberance Your Words. Let Your vessels of light bring hope to those around them. Let Your Words flow forth from Your vessels like springs of living water to refresh them, to bring hope, to bring strength, and to renew their minds.

And Lord, raise up Your standard. For Your Word claims that when the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him. Fight for us, Lord. Show us the way. And turn our hearts toward You. For those who do not understand, remove the blinders from their eyes. Allow them, if You would, to understand so that we may stand together against evil. You have appointed instruments for various purposes. Calm the hearts of those who worry and help them to understand the purpose of a military. And let this war end quickly, Lord. End it quickly and bring our troops back home. Father, you reveal. Bring Your light into the dark places of that area - into every nook and cranny, every alleyway, every tunnel, every mountain pass - reveal the plans of the enemy and confound them. Let the evil aggressors be cut off swiftly at the root. Reveal their plans and their hideouts and bring them to justice swiftly so that there will be no more bloodshed. For there are good people on both sides of this war. There are innocent people caught in the midst of this. I plead Your divine intervention into this war to bring it to a swift end, Lord, for the sake of those who are innocent and good. Heal that land. Bring peace and restoration, if You will. Let it no longer be consumed and devoured by war. End it quickly and bring those who are evil swiftly to justice.

I pray for the President of the United States of America and for all the leaders of this nation who oversee the affairs of governing the people and the war. I pray that they would seek You in their decisions, Lord. If there be any that do not know You to seek counsel from You, then draw them with Your cords of love. Minister to their hearts that they may receive sound instruction from You and not abuse the power give to them. Thank You for protecting Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld when he visited the military troops Fallujah, Mosul, Tikrit, and Baghdad this past Thursday. Some troops expressed their thanks for simply seeing him. His words to them were very kind when he said, "I'm very grateful and am privileged for the opportunity to look you in the eye and thank you." Give strength to him, the President, and others in charge of this war. Let them not grow weary from negative words and controversy. Lead them, Lord. Guide and direct them. Show them how to be strong leaders and guide them in the way of discipline. Give them courage to do the right things at all times. Remove temptation from their paths so that they would not abuse power or stray from sound judgment. Protect them from all harm and destruction.

And now I pray for the Churches, for Your people, and for those who have been appointed to watch and minister to Your people. Lord, I pray that You would set Your house in order. Where certain men have crept in unawares, Father, stir up and shake out the chaff. Set Your house in order, Mighty God. Restore order from the Head all the way down to the Body. Restore order. Let Your Holy Spirit be loosed into Your house and let Your people worship You in Spirit and in Truth. I pray that Your people would turn their hearts toward You and return to their first Love. I pray that Your Word would pierce their hearts and cause them to discern the Truth. Raise up men and women of Truth -- who have fed on Your Word night and day; who have set themselves apart for You; who abide in Your love -- to minister to Your people. Give them a shepherd's heart to protect what is Yours and to even go after the one that would stray. Let them teach Your people the difference between the holy and the profane and cause them to discern between what is clean and unclean. Let them judge controversial issues according to Your judgments. Let them minister in love, not fearing to rebuke those of Your sheep who walk in error. For we know that You chastise us because You love us and if we learn now from our errors, then we will be saved from an eternal mistake. Thank You, Lord, that You love us to do this.

Thank You, Father, for Your Word that gives us life and wisdom. Thank You for the blessings You have poured out upon this nation, keeping us safe on all sides from harm and destruction from evil aggressors. Thank You that You are our provider in times of need. You are Mighty and awesome and there is none like You. Thank You that You provide us with a Comforter when our hearts are filled with sorrow. You lift us up when we are faint. When we stumble, You give us light and You forgive us. Thank You that when we seek You, we will find You, when we search for You with our whole heart. Thank You that You encourage us to do good and not evil. Thank You for this love: Your love. Thank you for these things and more. All praise and glory to You forever and ever.





19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.(Is 59)

12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. 13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. (Ps 27)

4 Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah.
11 Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. 12 Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies. (Ps 60)

1 I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. 2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. 3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. 4 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. 5 The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. 6 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
...
17 He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.
...
28 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. 29 For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. 30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. 31 For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? 32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. 33 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places. 34 He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms. 35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great. 36 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip. 37 I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed. 38 I have wounded them that they were not able to rise: they are fallen under my feet. 39 For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me. 40 Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me. 41 They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the LORD, but he answered them not. 42 Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind: I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets.
...
46 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted. 47 It is God that avengeth me, and subdueth the people under me. 48 He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man. 49 Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.(Ps 18)

4 Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.(Ps 35)

23 And they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean. 24 And in controversy they shall stand in judgment; and they shall judge it according to my judgments: and they shall keep my laws and my statutes in all mine assemblies; and they shall hallow my sabbaths. (Ez 44)

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.(1 Ti 2)

1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. 6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (Ro 13)

No comments: