Or maybe HOW TO ACT QUICKLY ON TERRORIST ACTIVITY REPORTS.
Here's my Top Ten titles for history books:
- URGENT means URGENT!!!
- WAKE UP! Terrorists Keep 7-11 Hours (this could be taken wrong)
- Here's My Proposal, Let's Do Something NOW
- NOW means TODAY
- Eight Months Later Is a Long "Later"
- Even Though Nothing Is Happening, Don't Fall Asleep
- Face It, You Blew It
- Don't Act Like You Didn't Know
- CounterTerrorism Advisers Are Usually Appointed For a Reason
- Maybe You Should Have Paid Attention
The New York Times The 13-page proposal presented to Dr. Rice by her top counterterrorism adviser, Richard A. Clarke, laid out ways to step up the fight against Al Qaeda, focusing on Osama bin Laden's headquarters in Afghanistan. The ideas included giving "massive support" to anti-Taliban groups "to keep Islamic extremist fighters tied down"; destroying terrorist training camps "while classes are in session" and then sending in teams to gather intelligence on terrorist cells; deploying armed drone aircraft against known terrorists; more aggressively tracking Qaeda money; and accelerating the F.B.I.'s translation and analysis of material from surveillance of terrorism suspects in American cities.The documents were given to Rice on Jan. 25. 2001.
'01 Memo to Rice Warned of Qaeda and Offered Plan - By SCOTT SHANE, The New York Times - Published: February 12, 2005